Old 26-02-2012, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Going it alone

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Kathy" wrote

My lottie partner has finally decided today that she is giving up. This
follows a year of her thinking about it, in which she did hardly anything
on the plot. I'm now going to give it a go at doing it alone. At least
there will be no more arguments about weeds [dig in or dig out] or beds
[raised or flat]. Thankfully, we're still good friends.

We have a number of ladies that have plots and garden on thier own
including one in her late 60s who is still also at work full time and
another in her 80s that only has help from her son to do the heavy
digging. She is also always the first person on the site to get things
planted and her plot is always in good condition and weed free. She
recently asked her Doctor if she should give up and he said certainly not.
So are you a modern raised bed, lots of space wasting paths sort of
gardener or an old fashioned flat plot all cultivated in straight rows to
make life easier type?

A bit of both :-} I was quite happy when Ann put raised beds in for the soft
fruit, but not at all happy with her wanting to do the same to the veg side.

--
Kathy