Old 27-02-2012, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Doug[_5_] Doug[_5_] is offline

Default I saw a young newt in my fishpond this morning

I thought fish were supposed to gobble them up? Since reading this
newsgroup I had given up hope of seeing them in that pond again. Maybe
my Shubunkins are too small to eat newts and are just eating a few
pellets at the moment, which seem to be about as big as they can
swallow. Maybe only bigger fish eat newts?

Last year I had a newt which was almost as big as my fish.
Unfortunately it tangled in my fountain impeller which had become
accidentally exposed. It can't happen again. Also last year I had lots
of baby newts.

Also, a cat tangled with my electric fence last night and sped off out
of my garden so fast you could hardly follow it on CCTV. Still no
foxes though.

Doug.