Old 27-02-2012, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Top soil Q

In article ,
says...

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Pete C" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying some topsoil to fill in a pond. It comes in 1
tonne bags. Can anyone give me an idea of the volume?
Thanks
Pete C

Why use top soil all the way?

Hardcore, 'shale', then top soil

A near neighbour will be wanting to get rid of something which will go in
the bottom .......................... for FREE

That was the original idea, however, getting soil in smaller quantities is
too expensive. This bag is £35 delivered. Quality doesn't matter cos it will
have a slab base for a greenhouse on it.
Pete C

Don't buy any topsoil then; you're sure to have neighbours wanting to get
rid of old bricks/hardcore. Or ask a local tradesman; they have to pay to
dispose of waste so are often happy to deliver it to you for free.

Janet