Old 27-02-2012, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Top soil Q

"Pete C" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying some topsoil to fill in a pond. It comes in 1 tonne
bags. Can anyone give me an idea of the volume?
Thanks
Pete C

its going to be around 8 cubic feet i.e. slightly less than a cubic meter
which it would be if it were water, but it does rather depend on what sort
of soil it is.

I am surprised you are being sold a weight, this sort of thing is normally
sold by volume

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs