Old 28-02-2012, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Top soil Q

On 27/02/2012 22:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Pete C" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying some topsoil to fill in a pond. It comes in 1
tonne bags. Can anyone give me an idea of the volume?
Thanks
Pete C

its going to be around 8 cubic feet i.e. slightly less than a cubic
meter which it would be if it were water, but it does rather depend on
what sort of soil it is.

I am surprised you are being sold a weight, this sort of thing is
normally sold by volume

I think I'd rather have sand under my greenhouse than topsoil. Could
easily become waterlogged