Old 28-02-2012, 08:27 PM
blue_sky_london blue_sky_london is offline
Registered User

Default What to do if you did spread raw manure in your garden

Hello all,
I come to you as I have a problem.
I tried to do good but I have done wrong.
I did spread raw horse manure on my garden.
This include the flower beds, lawn, the shrubs and even dig some onto the brown patches of my lawn.
To make things worse the manure was mixed with saw wood which, if I understand right, will deplete nitrogen out of the soil.

By reading the internet, I quickly realized that I did wrong.
Last saturday I tried to brush off as much of the saw wood I could, I have removed manually a large chunk of the manure.
I did not spread too much of it in the first place, may be 6 kilos over 80 square meter and I have certainly already removed one third of it.

This week-end, I will continue trying to remove as much of the saw wood and of the manure I can.

However, what signs should I be watching?
Is there really reasons to be alarmed?
If yes, what can I do to correct the situation?

thank you so much for your help - it is my first year in the garden and I am disappointed to have done such a mistake ...