Old 28-02-2012, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What to do if you did spread raw manure in your garden

blue_sky_london wrote:
Hello all,
I come to you as I have a problem.
I tried to do good but I have done wrong.

No you haven't

I did spread raw horse manure on my garden.
This include the flower beds, lawn, the shrubs and even dig some onto
the brown patches of my lawn.
To make things worse the manure was mixed with saw wood which, if I
understand right, will deplete nitrogen out of the soil.

Not necessarily

By reading the internet, I quickly realized that I did wrong.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. What terrible fate will
befall you?

Last saturday I tried to brush off as much of the saw wood I could, I
have removed manually a large chunk of the manure.
I did not spread too much of it in the first place, may be 6 kilos
over 80 square meter and I have certainly already removed one third
of it.

What a waste of time.

This week-end, I will continue trying to remove as much of the saw
wood and of the manure I can.

Don't bother

However, what signs should I be watching?
Is there really reasons to be alarmed?
If yes, what can I do to correct the situation?

thank you so much for your help - it is my first year in the garden
and I am disappointed to have done such a mistake ...

You are fussing about nothing. No horrid thing will happen to you. I
suspect this is a leg-pull, I wonder is anybody could be really this stupid.

David