Old 29-02-2012, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve B[_7_] Steve B[_7_] is offline

Default How to grow tomatoes

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/dg1168.html
The plant disease caused by tobacco mosaic virus is found worldwide.
The
virus is known to infect more than 150 types of herbaceous,
dicotyledonous plants including many vegetables, flowers, and weeds.
Infection by tobacco mosaic virus causes serious losses on several
crops
including tomatoes, peppers, and many ornamentals.

--

Keep tobacco products away from tomatoes, and if you smoke, wash your
hands before gardening.

I am purely speaking from experience, and not from the scientific
illuminati
bent. One must realize that on Usenet that information is free, and as
such, worth 100X what is paid for it.

If someone is afraid of tobacco virus, then by all means, go to the
carcinogen group.

Steve

Sorry, I didn't mean to attack anyone's right to be ignorant, and
express dumb ideas.

Did I mention the the first paragraph above came from the University of
Minnesota?

My god, I see what you mean about scientific illuminati. North Dakota
State University says," #10. Do not use tobacco products while handling
tomato plants. These products may carry viruses, especially tobacco
mosaic virus.
http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/hortcrop/pp659w.htm

Moreover, North Carolina State University says,"The most important virus
diseases on tomatoes in North Carolina is tobacco mosaic virus (TMV)"
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/pp/notes/oldnotes/vg15.htm

Even Colorado State University say,"Infection by the tobacco mosaic
virus causes crinkling and light to dark mottling of foliage. When cut
open, the fruit shows browning inside. This disease is easily spread by
direct contact with tobacco products or on the hands, clothing and tools
of those who have handled tobacco products. Be sure to wash your hands
carefully before working in the garden if you are a smoker. Choose
plants that are labeled with a 'T' after the variety. This indicates a
higher resistance to the tobacco mosaic virus. Infected plants and
debris must be removed and destroyed to prevent spread of the disease to
healthy plants."
http://coopext.colostate.edu/4dmg/Pests/Diseases/tomaprob.htm

You just know that there has to be something wrong when all these fact
based elitists say the same thing.

Steve, do you know any "Tea Bagger" gardeners that can tell us what's
reeeeally going on, without using facts as a crutch?

Power to the "peep-hole".
--

Billy

My advice is free, and worth it. I only speak from my experience with
actual hands on gardening, rather then any University illuminati who may
have written without ever having sullied their pristine palms with actual
garden soil, yet claiming intellectual superiority by having read something
about the subject, probably from their friend's hairdresser's
brother-in-law's girlfriend's grandfather's current squeeze.

You seemed to ask for actual experience, yet when it was given, want to stay
with only federal study backed information.

Facts can always be found to support any conclusion. Conclusions SHOULD
only be formed after studying facts, but in the modern society, body
politic, and ................

Whatever.

Steve