Old 29-02-2012, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Questions re planting potatoes

"Moonraker" wrote in message
On 29/02/2012 13:02, Baz wrote:
Jim wrote in
. 4.11:

Thanks, Baz, Steve and Mike for clearing that up! Now I am much more
hopeful that fresh potatoes will be in the making shortly!

Jim

They are in the making NOW, you planted them.

I am assuming that you are a "New" veg. gardener. If not ignore this
below
and not an insult to you.

What are you like with peas and broad beans? Do you and your family like
them? If you do like them get them in now to coincide with the new
potatoes.

My favourite meal is boiled new potatoes, broad beans and peas. With
butter
and mint. No meat. I would eat that every day if seasons would allow.

Baz

When cutting seed potatoes my father always rubbed the cut are in the
soil, maintaining this decreased the chance of the failing. True or not I
do not know, but I do this with mine and seem to get no failures.

Soil or soot? I seem to remember the latter, BUT, we did have open fires
then and we are talking coal soot

Mike