Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim xzy Jim xzy is offline

Default Questions re planting potatoes

Baz wrote in
:

Jim xzy wrote in
. 4.11:

Thanks, Baz, Steve and Mike for clearing that up! Now I am much more
hopeful that fresh potatoes will be in the making shortly!

Jim

They are in the making NOW, you planted them.

I am assuming that you are a "New" veg. gardener.

I am; I did it one other time, four years ago.

What are you like with peas and broad beans? Do you and your family
like them? If you do like them get them in now to coincide with the
new potatoes.

I alredy did! (16 Broad beans, at least... I'll plant more later)

My favourite meal is boiled new potatoes, broad beans and peas. With
butter and mint. No meat. I would eat that every day if seasons would
allow.

That's interesting; I must try that. I am a vegetarian, and if I can make
a satisfying meal from what I grow, I'll be happy.

I never had any success with peas when I tried before. I can't remember the
details.

Jim