Thread: Hi all.
View Single Post
  #12   Report Post  
Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Hi there, I am relatively new as well.

I wouldn't install a pond if I was you, I had one in one of my gardens and unfortunately a small child died. Me + Beer + Pond + Child = Inevitable drowning.

Welcome.
Donkey....that's horrific, so bad and so sad. I hope you are now over your sad loss

Wow, well thankyou very much guys for the responses.

First of all, Bulbital....i love fishing, i really do but that's not really what i had in mind for my pond. This is how i see the vision.......long warm sunner afternoons, barbeque going, good book in hand and a nice cold glass of water with ice, listening to the tranquil sound of water by my beautiful pond.

Also, wine delilah, thankyou for your suggestion, i too have a cellar but i use it for other activities so a pond in my cellar is not really an option i'm afraid.

Terrapin and AlanMarsh.....i'm not sure if you are taking this seriously but your posts made me giggle all the same. My wife (also a keen gardener) thinks you are silly but i said to her "get a sense of humour, these guys seem like a good laugh even if they are a bit crude".

Arry the plant......thankyou for your suggestions regarding location, i think my garden is the perfect location for a pond.

I aim to start digging next week.

Thanks again guys!