Old 08-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Hugh Leslie Hugh Leslie is offline
Registered User

Default Underground River

I recently bought a house and was having mains gas installed but when the gas company dug the trench it filled with water very rapidly. As far as I can tell they have not hit a water pipe while digging the trench as my water is fine and I don't believe that anyone else has a pipe through my garden. This leaves only two possibilities that a pipe has burst further up the hill and is flowing underground through my garden or it is a underground river.

The fount of my garden is a bog which I though was just because we had a wet winter but now realise that this isn't the case and this river is only about four meters away from the house so I'm a little worried about the effect on the foundations of the house.

I have the water company coming sometime soon to test the water to see if it is coming from a mains. But if it is an underground river does any one have any bright ideas what I can do about it?

There is a short video clip sowing the extent of the problem here
MVI_1348.MOV - YouTube

Cheers,

Hugh