Old 14-03-2012, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Which Climbers?

"Fayebalina69" wrote in message

Hi all, Im new to the group and am very much a novice at gardening! I
would like to cover a bare wall on our house. I need some fast growing
climbers which will be planted in the ground, climb over an arch and
spread out accross the wall (about 6 metres). Because its the front of
our house I would like something pleasing to the eye all year round so
was thinking an evergreen and then an additional sping/summer/autum
plant. Its a south-east facing wall but dont ask me what the soil type
is as I have no idea!

Thanks in advance

--
Fayebalina69

Are you intending to place some sort of trellis or frame work of wires on
the wall of the house or does the climber have to self cling?

It would be useful to know where you are in the country and how sunny or not
the wall is

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs