Old 15-03-2012, 10:12 AM
laurap74 laurap74 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayebalina69 View Post
Hi all, Im new to the group and am very much a novice at gardening! I would like to cover a bare wall on our house. I need some fast growing climbers which will be planted in the ground, climb over an arch and spread out accross the wall (about 6 metres). Because its the front of our house I would like something pleasing to the eye all year round so was thinking an evergreen and then an additional sping/summer/autum plant. Its a south-east facing wall but dont ask me what the soil type is as I have no idea!

Thanks in advance
Hi, I strongly recommend English Ivy,

Entry Door Of A Country House With Ivy Covered Facade Stock Photo Image

it looks gorgeous, it is an evergreen climbers so it is green all year around, it adapts really easily, it is hardy to cold and warm weather and you don't need to do very much to care for it, just put a trellis to help it grow and nature will do the rest!!! you wont be disappointed, I love English Ivy and I grow plenty myself