Old 15-03-2012, 07:11 PM
CheshireCouple CheshireCouple is offline
Registered User

Default Advice Needed for Prunus Amanogawa Tree

Hi All,

I have bought a 6ft Prunus Amanogawa Tree (says shrub on the label). The info it comes with, says it will grow up to 8m and with a spread of 3m.

I havent yet planted it in the back garden as I am confused after researching the tree on the internet. I am getting mixed messages, some sites say its root system isnt vigorous and others say the opposite and advise not planting near foundations or over drains. Some sites say planting distance from buildings should be 3/4 of its height, another site said 1.5 times its height.

I have a number of queries as follows:
1. I need to know how close can I plant it to my neighbours single storey extension which runs right down my garden boundary?
2. How close to a fir tree can it be planted?
3. Are the roots likely to damage our lawn if I plant it in the middle of it?
4. Has anyone ever tried to grow one in a container? If so how did it get on?

I probably have lots more questions, but thats a start!
Thank you all very much for taking the time to read and reply!