Old 15-03-2012, 09:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Flower or weed

Derek Lax xalkeredATyahooDOTcom writes:

Hello all
This is my first post and it's an identification question.
Can you tell me if the attached picture shows a flower or a weed leaf
system.
I'm a complete novice at this, my wife was the green fingered but she
sadly passed away last year. So now I'm in charge but don't know my
weeds from my elbow.
So if you could identify this plant as friend (flower) or foe (weed) I'd
be grateful.

Looks like wood geranium.

Can be a flower or a weed depending on your point of view.
A weed is simply a plant where you don't want it.

They spread like weeds in my yard but I mostly leave them alone
since I'm going for an informal look anyway.

--
Dan Espen