Old 19-03-2012, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default new to gardening! how do i get well drained soil in a pot???

On Mar 19, 2:28*pm, amme wrote:
I have bought a gypsohiia bulb and it says well drained soil, how can i
achieve this in a pot??? I cannot put it in the garden as my dog will
just dig it up

--
amme

I think you mean Gypsophila paniculata, commonly known as Baby's-
breath
A good multi purpose compost with pearlite, or gravel added should be
fine, but make sure if you are potting it you usera large pot I'd want
at least a 3 litre pot but better something bucket size.
I'd add a water retention granule such as Swell Gell toi the compost
as it will help to save watering, and it actualy helps with drainage.
david @ the normallly wet end of Swansea bay