Old 19-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Registered User

Default new to gardening! how do i get well drained soil in a pot???

I have bought a gypsohiia bulb and it says well drained soil, how can i achieve this in a pot??? I cannot put it in the garden as my dog will just dig it up
Old 19-03-2012, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

--
amme

I think you mean Gypsophila paniculata, commonly known as Baby's-
breath
A good multi purpose compost with pearlite, or gravel added should be
fine, but make sure if you are potting it you usera large pot I'd want
at least a 3 litre pot but better something bucket size.
I'd add a water retention granule such as Swell Gell toi the compost
as it will help to save watering, and it actualy helps with drainage.
david @ the normallly wet end of Swansea bay
Old 20-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Registered User

that's great thank you. i will get it all today and get planting