Old 19-03-2012, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Russian vine in a container?

On 19 Mar 2012 16:27:48 GMT, Jim xzy wrote:

Id like something to cover a strong trellis while I'm waiting for my
clematis to do start picking up speed. If I plant a Russian vine in a
cntainer, will that limit it's ability to spread its roots to areas where
it's not welcome? By what method do these plants spread in unwanted ways so
that they become hard to eradicate? Is it via runners or what?

Thank you,

Jim

The main problem is that whatever you grow it in, the Russian Vine
will swamp your clematis which won't stand a chance. Patience is often
a real virtue in gardening. Anyhow, if you choose the right clematis
you'll be surprised how fast it will grow!

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.