Old 19-03-2012, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Russian vine in a container?

On Monday, 19 March 2012 16:27:48 UTC, Jim xzy wrote:
Id like something to cover a strong trellis while I'm waiting for my
clematis to do start picking up speed. If I plant a Russian vine in a
cntainer, will that limit it's ability to spread its roots to areas where
it's not welcome? By what method do these plants spread in unwanted ways so
that they become hard to eradicate? Is it via runners or what?

Thank you,

Jim

I'd do Sweet Peas, cheaper, easier to get rid of, quicker results and it's not Russian Vine.

Rod