Old 21-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Mimi De Moratti

Default Humane control of rats

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:13:34 +0100, bnd777 wrote
(in message ):

Its people who put out bread etc for the birds that encourage the rats in
the first place
Since it does not assist the birds in finding natural food such people are
thoroughly misguided

What a strange philosophy! I suppose the millions of people who help birds
through the winter and the breeding season, when putting food out can mean
the difference between life and death for small birds, are all misguided, as
are the BTO and the RSPB? I suppose we should just let them all starve when
it snows or the ground is frozen for weeks.

Birds who use feeders also forrage normally for insects etc., so your
argument does not wash.

It is a pleasure to feed the birds and have them keep my garden pest free in
return.

Daft thing is you usually find the same people also have 2 or 3 cats that
kill the very birds the owner is feeding

I don't like cats and do not tolerate them anywhere near my garden.