Old 25-03-2012, 05:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Vinegar & Oil - OT

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:52:54 EDT, wrote:

I dont refrigerate vinegar or oil after opening. And grape oil is supposed to be
anti-microbial
http://www.homeremediesweb.com/grape...h-benefits.php

If there isnt anything that NEEDS to be refrigerated in the mix, just mixing shouldnt
be a problem. Of course, adding crushed garlic which is also antimicrobial would be
great benefit. I think the frig is used more to slow taste degradation of
ingredients by oxidation with oxygen rather than worry about microbes.

Ingrid

I think the frig is used more to slow taste degradation

Oooh, good point. I can't put garlic in anything as DS is very sensitive to
it, and that is such a bummer! ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us