Old 26-03-2012, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leaf Beet?

"Moonraker" wrote in message
Last year I grew the above,had a very good crop. After the Summer I left
it in the ground, this AM preparing for other planting I dug up the old
plants. Very extensive root system similar to parsnip, however I wander.
While removing them I noticed among the tired old leaves fresh growth.
Would these be good too eat, or would they be rather bitter?
--

Do not dig them up, they are not called perpetual spinach for nothing.