Old 29-03-2012, 12:00 PM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2this View Post
Hello all.

Am very new to this gardening lark and am seeking advice on potting plants.
I have recently acquired two lovely Bay trees that are doing very well much to my surprise.
I have decided to take it up a notch and am a little bemused.
I have 3 lovely copper hanging pots approx 9inches wide x 9.5 deep and can't decide what would be best to put in them?? I would like something that lives all year round (not necessarily flowering) but they will have to cope with extreme weather I.e FULL sun in spring/summer and gale force winds any other time!!
Also can the plants be planted directly into the copper or should the be kept in plastic??
Help please!!
Portulaca grandiflora, also known as moss roses, Mexican roses or the sun plant, are herbaceous plants with thin succulent leaves that grow approx 6-7 inches in height. Because they are so easy to grow moss roses are ideal for hanging baskets and hanging planters particularly if you have a hot, sunny and dry situation. If you know the family and growing condition of the plant and plant care tips, then you can successfully plant any kind of flowering plants into the copper pot.
Fruit Trees