Old 30-03-2012, 05:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default My new friend ...

Farm1 wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the
long grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation,
if you see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T
pick it up."

Gack!!!!! That is a big one!

Yep, dinner for four on that one.

I hate snakes in my garden. We had an
Eastern Brown that was turned out to be about 50 inches long earlier
in the year. I really hate Tigers and Browns, but can tolerate Red
Bellied Blacks a tiny bit more.

Agreed. This fella headed off as soon as I arrived, a brown would be just
as likely to sit up and dare me to come closer. For the furriners, the
Eastern Brown snake is a seriously dangerous snake as it combines highly
toxic venom, the ability to deliver it and aggressive attitude.