Old 28-03-2012, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default My new friend ...

.... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the long
grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation, if you
see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T pick it up."

David

Old 28-03-2012, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:

... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the long
grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation, if you
see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T pick it up."

heh, i kept looking for the end and it
kept on going and going and ...

songbird
Old 28-03-2012, 04:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the long
grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation, if you
see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T pick it up."

Gack!!!!! That is a big one! I hate snakes in my garden. We had an
Eastern Brown that was turned out to be about 50 inches long earlier in the
year. I really hate Tigers and Browns, but can tolerate Red Bellied Blacks
a tiny bit more.

Old 30-03-2012, 05:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Farm1 wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the
long grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation,
if you see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T
pick it up."

Gack!!!!! That is a big one!

Yep, dinner for four on that one.

I hate snakes in my garden. We had an
Eastern Brown that was turned out to be about 50 inches long earlier
in the year. I really hate Tigers and Browns, but can tolerate Red
Bellied Blacks a tiny bit more.

Agreed. This fella headed off as soon as I arrived, a brown would be just
as likely to sit up and dare me to come closer. For the furriners, the
Eastern Brown snake is a seriously dangerous snake as it combines highly
toxic venom, the ability to deliver it and aggressive attitude.

Old 30-03-2012, 07:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the long
grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation, if
you see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T pick it up."

David

They are venomous but not particularly cantankerous.(I have pulled their
tail to watch the expression on my offsiders face)

Old 31-03-2012, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the long
grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation, if
you see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T pick it up."

David

No poisonous snakes in my part of the US but I often see black snakes
as big as this. My wife is deathly afraid of all snakes so I relocate
them in woods a block away across a road. Have caught a few in deer
netting where they get so tangled up that I have to cut them free.
Old 31-03-2012, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

Frank wrote:
... came to frolic in the sunshine on a fine autumn day.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I went to try for a closer mug shot but he/she went away into the
long grass.

As I say to people who help in my garden " I do all the irrigation,
if you see some black pipe in the grass leave it alone and DON'T
pick it up." David

No poisonous snakes in my part of the US but I often see black snakes
as big as this. My wife is deathly afraid of all snakes so I relocate
them in woods a block away across a road. Have caught a few in deer
netting where they get so tangled up that I have to cut them free.

This is not your US "black snake" but from Oz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_Black_Snake

Not an especially dangerous snake but a strike will put you in hospital
feeling very ill while they give you antivenine. This is likely to spoil
your day.

David

Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Frank wrote:
[...]

Given that Red bellied Blacks are venomous enough to kill your child,
grandchild or dog, that would really spoil one's day.