Old 30-03-2012, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
G Wolmershäuser[_2_] G Wolmershäuser[_2_] is offline

Default tree identification

Am 16.03.2012 00:35, schrieb Pam Moo

I still say Judas tree David, but I'm not as familiar with robinia.
Having grown a Judas tree from seed and grown it for 20 years, I sadly
had to get rid of it as it got too big. I see those branches as an
old friend, pods right, twig formation right, wood the right colour
with the greyish bloom. We can't see all the tree, but the habit of
this one is a bit strange. OP, any chance of a photo of the trunk?
Does robinia have flowers up the stems in the same way?

I definitely agree with you. you just have to look at the position,
where the seed pods are attached. This must be a tree which shows
cauliflory. This is true for Cercis (not necessarily C. siliquastrum)
but not for any Robinia.
Cheers
Gotthelf

--