Old 01-04-2012, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Quick-growing fence cover

We have a wire lattice fence about 3m high separating us
from the house next door in Italy (Tuscany).
Our neighbour used to be an artist,
and we quite liked looking into his studio, but he has moved
and we are now looking into the kitchen of a less interesting couple.

So we are looking for a quick growing plant or plants
that will cover the mesh reasonably well throughout the year.
If it has flowers that would be an added bonus.
We have a variegated ivy in another part of the small garden
which is very fast-growing, so that is a possibility.
SWMBO has vetoed Russian vine.

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net