Old 01-04-2012, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Climbing plant race.....

Sacha wrote in :

I'm not taking bets on which will grow the fastest, but I would
apprecieate your opinions on what to expect by, say mid-summer. Each
of the three plants is about 30" tall right now... All three plants
will be in the shade until they reach the top of the 5ft wall they
are planted behind.

Many thanks...

Al

To be honest, I can't wait to see your posts in about two years! ;-)
I hope there's a nice big tree behind the Clematis montana. My
neighbours had one in a former garden of mine. It used to come over a
12' high granite wall and devour a Rosa Albertine if I didn't cut it
back. They'd planted a Russian Vine, too but they did listen to my
pleading and hack that one out! I give you full marks for giving it
all a go and with a sense of humour, too!! ;-)

Sacha,

Your 'climber war' sounds even more gripping than my 'climber race'! :-)

Al