Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sean Straw Sean Straw is offline

Default Salad Leaves

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:23:41 +0000, Grub
wrote:

I'm trying to grow some rocket in some tubs indoors but they seem to be
doing quite poorly. The seeds sprout, grow a bit then just seem to
wither(?) Im I under/over watering? Should they be outdoors? Have I sown
too close together?

Probably overwatering, but it is difficult to say for sure. There's a
thing called "damping off" - google it and compare to what you're
seeing.

Having had arugula which has self-seeded, I can say that it'll grow
with closely planted seeds no problem. May not get as large as
properly spaced plants, but it does fine.