Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
jolimont jolimont is offline
Registered User

Default Is my rose dead?

hello all

Could anyone tell me if my rose is dead? Its a bush rose, approx 4ft high x 3ft, I moved it in the winter, digging it up and raising it up a foot (the height of the flowerbed was raised), since when: nada! The branches are a healthy green (mostly), there are little buds on it, but none of them are getting any bigger, and there's no leaves in sight. I'm in Gloucestershire, all my other roses are rampaging ahead - I'm wondering if this one is doing lots of rootmaking or is it just dying? And is it worth giving it a severe prune right now or may that upset it even more?

Thanks in advance

Jolimont