Old 04-04-2012, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Tool Hire

robert.fewtrell.gardenbanana uk wrote:

I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in
my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit
more time to myself i have been turning my hand to gardening but still
with these mounds i am thinking of hiring a mini digger but the cheapest
i can find is this tool hire company called national tool hire shops
does anyone know any cheaper ones?

You're not at all clear on what it is you need to do and the size of
this excavation... you may get by with a wheelbarrow and a shovel or
your job may require a bulldozer. Before even thinking DIY call in a
few contractors to give you estimates and meanwhile pick their brains
as to what all your job entails... and only then if you feel confident
you can DIY proceed, or hire someone. Remember the adage about DIY
that the cheap often ends up expensive.