Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Lantanlane2 Lantanlane2 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams[_2_] View Post
Anyone here into straw bale gardening?
Like to read opinions on it before I try it.

Dick
Hi, I've done straw bale gardening for 4 yrs now. It's a great way to grow and I don't see why it would not work anywhere that gets enough sunlight. I'm located in the US, of the NC coast. Our summers are hot and once the bales get moist they stay moist if they are in a raised beds where they will not dry out. I only water with 1 gallon a week per plant, mostly using my AC condensate. So, I would give it a try. If you want to see some pictures, check here Carolina Straw Bale Gardening | Facebook.

I wish you luck, it's no hoeing, tilling or weeding! So easy!