Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Early birds

On Apr 7, 9:40*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Rikki" wrote in message

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Is your road well lit up by street lights? If so, that is probably why.
When I was in hospital I noticed that blackbirds in particular would be
singing by 2 a.m because the site was so lit up. *That's my theory, anyway.
Where I live there are not many streets lights and the dawn chorus starts a
bit later, about 4.
I love to hear the dawn chorus, harbinger of spring.

Tina

I have found this year that there are less birds singing early morning
but a lot more forming what could be called an evening chorus.
David @ what was once the wet end of Swansea Bay.