Old 07-04-2012, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early birds

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 13:17:13 -0700 (PDT), Rikki
wrote:

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Don't worry, the birds in your area are just late risers.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rikki" wrote in message
The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

They have a milk round to do?

Old 07-04-2012, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rikki" wrote in message
The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Is your road well lit up by street lights? If so, that is probably why.
When I was in hospital I noticed that blackbirds in particular would be
singing by 2 a.m because the site was so lit up. That's my theory, anyway.
Where I live there are not many streets lights and the dawn chorus starts a
bit later, about 4.
I love to hear the dawn chorus, harbinger of spring.

Tina

Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Apr 7, 9:40*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Rikki" wrote in message

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Is your road well lit up by street lights? If so, that is probably why.
When I was in hospital I noticed that blackbirds in particular would be
singing by 2 a.m because the site was so lit up. *That's my theory, anyway.
Where I live there are not many streets lights and the dawn chorus starts a
bit later, about 4.
I love to hear the dawn chorus, harbinger of spring.

Tina

I have found this year that there are less birds singing early morning
but a lot more forming what could be called an evening chorus.
David @ what was once the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Lights probably. Light pollution is bad for birds. They don't know
when it's time to sing.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com

Old 08-04-2012, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote in
:

wrote:

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Lights probably. Light pollution is bad for birds. They don't know
when it's time to sing.

Steve

Yes the thrushes are missing presumed flitted from my garden.

On the other hand the blackies are trusting me and comming close.
They are actually pinching my worms as I dig in this wet soil. Almost in my
hand. Obviously they have a nest nearby. So brave and bold.

Baz
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Lights probably. Light pollution is bad for birds. They don't know
when it's time to sing.

Steve

Yes the thrushes are missing presumed flitted from my garden.

On the other hand the blackies are trusting me and comming close.
They are actually pinching my worms as I dig in this wet soil. Almost in my
hand. Obviously they have a nest nearby. So brave and bold.

Baz

I do live on a main road, so there are street lights, but it is only
the last few months that we have noticed the singing. In fact since we
have been sleeping with the window open. It could be the fact that,
because we cropped alot of the shrubs in the front garden, we put up
nuts, seeds and fat balls and we have noticed more birds. We have
been lucky enough to see blackbirds, thrushes, robins, sparrows,
finches and some we haven't recognised.