Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rikki Rikki is offline

Default Early birds

On Apr 8, 9:02*am, Baz wrote:
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote :

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 13:17:13 -0700 (PDT), Rikki
wrote:

The birds outside my bedroom window seem to be starting their dawn
chorus at about 2am. Would anyone know why?

Lights probably. Light pollution is bad for birds. They don't know
when it's time to sing.

Steve

Yes the thrushes are missing presumed flitted from my garden.

On the other hand the blackies are trusting me and comming close.
They are actually pinching my worms as I dig in this wet soil. Almost in my
hand. Obviously they have a nest nearby. So brave and bold.

Baz

I do live on a main road, so there are street lights, but it is only
the last few months that we have noticed the singing. In fact since we
have been sleeping with the window open. It could be the fact that,
because we cropped alot of the shrubs in the front garden, we put up
nuts, seeds and fat balls and we have noticed more birds. We have
been lucky enough to see blackbirds, thrushes, robins, sparrows,
finches and some we haven't recognised.