Old 27-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Coconut fiber

Wouldn't the moss have an affect on the pH? I keep mine well-buffered, but
don't want to upset the apple cart, so to speak! I'm really afraid to try
pea gravel, as I've seen what my pond hellions do to it (and even the
larger, egg-sized stuff!) I was going to use flat rock over the top of the
kitty litter or fiber - something they can't pick up and move! I can use the
gravel in the watergardens in the back yard, but I need something my fish
won't destroy in fits of boredom!

Lee

"KenCo" wrote in message
Lee Brouillet wrote:

try "long fibre sphagum moss" w/ some pea stone
on top, it works great.

plant in middle, light layer of pea stone on top
then soak 5+ mins in a bucket of water to keep
the moss down.