Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Aldo Aldo is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E. Ross[_2_] View Post
On 3/26/12 6:44 PM, busbus wrote:
Hello,

The neighbor up the hill decided to plant some bamboo to cover the steep
hill behind his house. It has quickly come down the hill over the years and
it dangerously close to my yard.

What can I do to stop this junk? I don't think much of anything, is there?
Do local governments sometimes ban this junk?

Thanks!
ray

First of all, be sure it is truly bamboo or possibly giant reed, both of
which are grasses. There are several other plants that resemble bamboo,
including horsetail (Equisetum) that are not grasses.

If it is truly a grass and actually enters your property, I suggest the
use of a grass-specific herbicide. There are several brands available
at various nurseries, lumber yards, and hardware stores. Mix it with a
little liquid soap (an excellent wetting agent) and spray it on the
foliage. It will kill the shoot, its roots, and any runners that it
might have sent out.

However, grass-specific herbicides will generally NOT kill back to the
original planting. That is both good and bad. It is good because your
neighbor will have little grounds for suing you. It is bad because you
will have to use the herbicide again.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
which are grasses. There are several other plants that resemble bamboo,
including horsetail (Equisetum) that are not grasses."
Definitely, there are remarkable differences between both of them.