Old 21-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Cass

Default Breaking Dormancy...

Susan H. Simko wrote:

I actually went down to Witherspoon on Friday with the intention of
buying a bare root Pristine from them. I decided to wander through
their greenhouses before which is when I stumbled on a potted Granada
with a bud just about ready to open. I looked at the colours on the bud
and was a goner. She is now planted up against the house and next to
the patio. The s.o. hasn't noticed the newest addition yet... *grin*

The Granada I bought from Witherspoon is a Weeks rose.

I bought a Weeks Granada potted at the Despot in a 2 gallon pot. That
darned thing is now 3 x 3 and has to go in the ground ASAP, finished
its first flush and headed for the second. The growth is so lush it
makes me wonder how big it's going to get. Too big for a pot, that's
for sure.