Old 21-04-2003, 06:21 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Humane control of rats

"Mimi De Moratti" wrote in message
. co.uk...
My house is surrounded by livestock and buildings that contain their
straw/hay etc. My house is wooden and I have two sheds in the garden,

which
is part woodland. Rats have come in from the fields and took residence in

the
compost heap. I have cleared it away but they have tunelled under my house
and sheds. I have a few birdfeeders and a huge amount of visitors but have
special 'escaped seed' catchers underneath for minimal spillage. I have

tried
everything to disuade the rats. I don't want to poison them as it is a

slow
and painful death, I imagine (or am I wrong?). And I have shrews and a

badger
who comes every night. I do worry about my birds' health, under the
circumstances, and the security of their nests. Does anyone know of a

humane
way of getting rid of the rats? There are too many now to trap and release
elsewhere. I would really appreciate some help.

You trap them and kill them, if you try to relocate them they will be back
in your
home before you are, they are vermin and the only way to control them is by
killing them.

Alan