Old 15-04-2012, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default Golden oldie?

"I wasted ages yesterday trying to talk with Mike Crowe. He wants to
ban any
more house building on the Isle of Wight. I simply want to know where
my
children and grandchildren and their grandchildren will be able to
live if
no more houses will be built. I think thats a reasonable question dont
you?
All he does is go on about what will happen if all the green fields
are
built over but he doesnt say how long that would take. Of course he is
OK
because he already has a house that was built on a green field. Lots
of
other people joined in but Mike wont listen to anything they say or
answer
any of their questions. He just goes on and on with the same old stuff
even
when someone has dis-proved it.
I did a little web search and I found that Mike has lots of arguments
with
people in uk.local.southwest and uk.rec.gardening so I am posting
there to
ask you. What I want to know is, is he a real person or just a troll.
How do
you get him to answer a straight question without getting all this
stuff
that tries to avoid the question and change the subject, and all those
silly
faces (((((((. He says he was in the Navy, but I think if he behaved
like
that on a ship he would be taught better manners. I dont have a lot of
experience of these groups so I would be glad for advice. Should I
just
ignore him."