Old 16-04-2012, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Paper Ash

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
Following a declutteing of the loft, I have burnt masses of old bank
statements etc in a dustbin thingy. It is now half full of soft, very
light ash.

Will this be OK to put onto the compost heap?, mixed with grass cuttings
to stop it blowing away!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

I periodically clear out confidential membership details of both an RAF
Association and a Royal Navy Association I am involve with. Because of the
Data Protection Act I am responsible for the security of such details and I
always burn them and mix the ash in with the compost heap, usually with
other bonfire stuff, such as a clear out of bushes, weeds etc. such as the
bonfire I had yesterday.

Been doing this for years without any problems

Mike