Old 21-04-2003, 08:44 PM
jhultman

Default Pointers to old tiller parts...

This is spawned from the earlier thread requesting
advice for the B & S engine repair...

I've an old FMC Bolens 5 rototiller I purchased through
the local classifieds two years ago. B & S 5 HP engine works reasonably
well except I think something on the pull start (clutch ??)
is going as it emits a high pitch screech every 20 seconds or so.
At that moment, the pull start cord unwinds itself 6 - 8 inches then
retracts. It only lasts a half second.

I'll check the other links suggested the previous thread however
if anyone has more specific knowledge on this mfg.

I've searched the web quite a bit and have found many FMC tractor site.

Nothing pertaining to this mfg's rototillers.

Thanks for any pointers,

Jeff