Old 22-04-2012, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default More rain

On Apr 22, 10:16*am, Baz wrote:
Sacha wrote :

The government should employ me as a rainmaker. *I have only to go to
the hairdresser for the heavens to open and this is pretty much
invariable. *This morning I had my hair cut and just as I was about to
leave the salon, the heavens opened, not rain but stair rods of hail
bouncing off the road. *Finally, it stopped and I drove up to
Bridgwater through a mix of sun, rain and a little hail and about 5
snowflakes. *It's very cold here tonight but so far it's dry.

Works the other way for me. I go to get my hair cut and the barber always
puffs it up when he dries it. On my way afterwards I look at my reflection
in a shop window and pray for rain. Never does rain when you want it to.
Sods law?

It is much drier here, You can hardly tell day by day, but a pic I took a
week ago is quite shocking to what I see today. Very soggy still though but
I am sure the level of soil has gone down. Perhaps compacted?
Some things, peas, beans and potatoes although they are a sickly yellowy
colour look like they might survive if the water keeps on draining away.
But the weather forecast is glum.

Fingers crossed hoping it gets better for us all (rain and no rain)
Baz

After a couple of days away visiting the Cunard Queen Victoria, Wow!
(How the other half holiday).
Some very heavy bursts of rain traveling, though it looked as if we
missed the worst.
At home here there was just 0.3" over the 2 days, but this morning is
making up for it, so far 0.4" so far with hail mixed in with the rain
and the temp had gone down to 44f.and it feels as if winter is back
with a vengance.
David @ the wintery end of Swansea Bay