Old 22-04-2012, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default More rain

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 07:28:54 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

No Jake, we had to go down the day before to fit in a nursery visit,
and to be there around 9.30 am Sat morning and as it's a good 4 hour
drive each way, and then drive home after, not something I'd want to
do as a day trip.
The 44f was the temp here this morning just after we had the hail. and
it still feels like winter.
Here I doubt we've had more than about half an hour of sun so far
today, probably everything falling from the sky over us is forming
holes for the sun to shine through when it gets to you.
David @ the arctic end of Swansea Bay
PS just went out to check the temp and it's now at 47f , still raining
and we now hae running water down the track

You're still the other half - I've been thinking of journeys to
various places for the summer and then crossing them off the list when
I work out the interest on the loan to buy the petrol!

I really appreciate your self-sacrifice. Currently at 4pm the sun's
been shining for about an hour and if the ground wasn't so wet I'd be
outside attacking the balsam. I know , though, that I'd be standing in
position X for maybe 15 minutes clearing the seedlings within reach
and in that time I'd have sunk a bit! These bl***y Himalayan balsam
seedlings are to me what rain is to you, perhaps. The ones in "no
man's land"("no man" equals Network Rail who won't sell the land as
they need it when they maintain the Swansea-London main line but don't
give a s**t other than on those three Sundays every other year) next
door are just at the glyphosate-tender stage but I need a dry day to
climb over the fence and spray them. Farmer would do it from his side
but he'd use a tractor-based sprayer and the wind would probably put
paid to my garden as well!

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.