Old 26-04-2012, 12:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Spacing of plants

Dick Adams said:

This year my garden will be all containers so tomato and
pepper plants can winter indoors.

My Habenero Peppers will be arranged in a north-south direction
with a separation of 3 feet between N-S rows and 2 feet between
plants with each N-S row.

Am I spacing the out too much?

I would suggest you can move your plants and rows a little closer
together by staggering plants from one row to the next (best viewed
in Fixed Font):

X X X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X X X

(I have found that one problem with container plants is often that the
container itself can become overheated by exposure to the sun. So keep
that in mind.)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."