Old 28-04-2012, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Any kale experts here?

wrote in
:

AL_n wrote:
I've grown Wilko's curly kale for a few years now and found it very
reliable and tasty. Doesn't state the variety on the packet though.
Unfortunately the packet is now empty and I don't have access to
Wilkos any more. :-(

Thanks to all, for the suggestions. I have ordered a couple of types
of seeds: Cavolo de Nero and Red Russian.

I grew a few different ones last year, and red russian is the one that
has held up best during hte winter - it's the one that is even now
still producing edible leaves when all the rest are ready for feeding
to the chickens.

Cool. The seeds I ordered are organic. That I like, because genetic
meddling worries me. I think next year, I will buy only organic seeds.

Al