Old 30-04-2012, 09:04 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Farber View Post
I found these mysterious things growing in my garden. The internet says
they're Morel mushrooms and they may be safe to eat. I would definitely like
a second opinion about that. I found this webpage with some information
about that.
Safe Mushroom Hunting | Missouri Department of Conservation

And the photo of the ones in my garden is he
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite.../Mushrooms.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

My favorite is hunting Morel mushrooms. They only grow in the spring, from about mid March to mid May, and they are a wonderful treat that can be cooked in a number of different ways and make the perfect side dish or topper for most meals. Morels have a wonderful strong flavor that cannot be compared with any other food, whether fungal or not. After cleaning and slicing each mushroom it is time to cook them. There are many recipes and preferred methods for doing this. Among my favorites is to either sautee' them in butter, salt, pepper and garlic. Or the most common way to cook them is to batter and fry them.
Fruit Trees