Old 03-05-2012, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Mystery plant

"Jerry" wrote in message

Against my better judgement, I agree with Steve: parsnip.

I do see the resemblance. But my wife recalls, when buying it 2-3 years ago,
that it was labeled as some kind of herb, possibly medicinal. Also, even
domestic parsnips come with a warning about not handling the stems and
leaves. But in this case there have not been any problems from contact.

Then perhaps it is second year parsley. They are closely related.