Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Japanese Knotweed

On 5/3/12 6:15 PM, Morarview wrote:
Guys
Hoping you can help here as regards the effective cure and removal of
the said knotweed, its been confirmed as knotweed and as we live in a
local authority owned and leased property (in Scotland) we are led to
beleive that it is infact their duty to effectively and safely (under
strict guidelines remove and replace said offending plants) were getting
conflicting information and wondered if you might be able to assist.

Any ideas, links to reliable sources of fact etc greatly appriciated.

Is this Persicaria capitata as described at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persicaria_capitata? Or is this
Fallopia japonica as described at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_knotweed? (This illustrates why
botanical names are important in international discussions of plants.)

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see